Impressive speaker line-up for HMI Conference 2012
Managers at the forefront of managing our healthcare services are all too familiar with the impact of the current fiscal situation on the resources available to them at a time when the demands on services are continuously increasing.
Despite the changes embraced to date within the health services, the tension between conflicting demands remains as strong as ever. The key question remains – can quality and services be enhanced when resources are being reduced? The answer lies in the realms of productivity, system innovation and the optimisation of technology. Managers hold the key to shaping the health services of the future.
The HMI’s Annual Conference 2012 looks to how managers can raise the bar on service delivery and performance.
We invite you to join us on 1 October 2012 for the Health Management Institute Annual Conference to debate and discuss these key questions.
The morning session will discuss and debate the forces shaping the health services in Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe. The afternoon will be devoted to the strategies and methodologies managers wll be using to drive productivity and innovation.
An outstanding panel of speakers includes:
- Dr. James Reilly, T.D., Minister for Health,
- Dr. Ambrose McLoughlin, Secretary General, Department of health
- Dr. Tracey Cooper, Chief Executive and acting Chief Inspector of Social Services, HIQA
- Dr. Peter Lachman, Consultant Paediatrician, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, NHS Trust
- Mr. Stuart Bain, Chief Executive, East Kent University Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust and President of the Institute of Healthcare Management
Last year the conference was sold out within weeks. This year’s conference will be in the Gresham Hotel, Dublin 1 on Monday, 1 October 2012 . Put the date in your diary and look out for further announcements.
Visit the HMI Annual Conference website or contact Rosemarie Carroll, HMI Services Executive, 01-2974070 for further details.